- Rhymes: -aɪvə(r)
- In the context of "slang": a banknote with a value of five,
in the local currency
- Do you have a fiver I could borrow, I can pay you back tomorrow.
- by extension the value in money that this represents.
- I brought the chocolates, they were only a fiver.
- a clenched fist
- a mathematical puzzle played on a 5x5 grid
- In the context of "Islam": a Zaydi Shiite Muslim, who disagrees with the majority of Shiites on the identity of the Fifth Imam
- In the context of "religion": A person who gives five percent of their income or five hours a week of their time to charity (a reduction of ten percent tithing)
Fiver may be:
- A common slang term for:
- Fiver (Watership Down), a fictional rabbit in the Richard Adams novel Watership Down
- Fiver (puzzle), a math game played on a 5x5 grid, distantly related to Conway's Game of Life
- The Fiver is a humorous daily football email by The Guardian newspaper
- Zaidiyyah Shiite Muslims, who disagree with the majority of Shiites on the identity of the Fifth Imam.
- A fifth columnist or saboteur, in wartime slang
- Fiver (channel), A UK TV Channel operated by Channel 5 Broadcasting